This page contains a brief description that does not cover the medication. For more information read the review in Felleskatalogen.no for the respective drug.
Disease-modifying drug containing mycophenolate mofetil, tablets.
- Most common doses: 1000-1.500 mg morning and evening. Begin with 500mg / d a few days (less gastrointestinal disorders) before rapid dose increase. The maximum dose is often 3000mg / day.
- Calculation of dosage is done after measurements in blood serum (AUC = Area under curve)
- Aciclovir (Zovirax) increases mycophenolate (CellCept) levels in the blood
- Proton pump inhibitors and various antibiotics reduce the effect. NB proton pump inhibitors reduce mycophenolate levels by 20-40% due to reduced absorption. Risk of mycophenolate overdose if proton pump inhibitor therapy is terminated without dose adjustment of CellCept. Check interaksjoner.no
- The treatment must be terminated (replaced) before pregnancy
- Individual refund is applied in Norway for individual application to HELFO on §3 (a and b combined) more: HELFO
- Tablets that have a good effect on renal insufficiency and in some cases are used as induction instead of Sendoxan or as maintenance treatment for severe rheumatic diseases
- Among the side effects are gastrointestinal symptoms with diarrhea, abdominal pain or nausea, most initially. Cytopenia occurs. Regular blood tests are required.
- Cell counts every week for the first month, then every NUMX day for 14 months then monthly
- AUC (Area Under Curve) is calculated by formula on www.anx.no Based on three measurements: C0 (drug resistant), C0.5 (30 min after drug dose) and C2 (2 hours after). Reference area (as with tacrolimus) is 30-60 for adults
- Protection against strong sun is recommended because the medication can contribute to increased risk of skin cancer
- Samples taken
- Prior to drug intake (C0)
- After 30 min (C0,5)
- After 2 timer (C2)
- AUC 30-60 is OK