This page contains a brief description that does not cover the medication. For more information read the review in Felleskatalogen.no for the respective drug.
Sandimmun Neoral contains cyclosporine / cyclosporine and is used as an immunosuppressive agent in rheumatic disease and after organ transplants. The drug is a calcineurin inhibitor that inhibits T lymphocytes.
Dose for adults with Rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis)
- The usual dose is 3mg / kg / day divided into two daily doses. Starting dose for an average heavy adult is 75-125mg twice daily, increasing to 150-250mg x 2, depending on weight and any side effects.
- NB Blood pressure may increase during treatment
Serum level before tablet intake and after two hours
- (0 sample) may be 60-125 ng / ml (as after kidney transplantation)
- Serum level 2 hours after tablet intake is 600-800 ng / ml to be expected
Physician controls / follow-up
- In addition to the regular blood tests, also blood pressure controlled. Cooperation between specialist and general practitioner