- Via water. Most people are infected while staying in Asia, but also occur in Norway. Most people get infected from other people or through contaminated drinking water and foods. Giardiasis can also be transmitted sexually.
- Acute gastrointestinal infection
- People with rheumatic disease and immunosuppressive drugs may be more susceptible
- In some, more chronic symptoms occur, with periodic diarrhea, flatulence, malabsorption syndrome and weight loss.
- Without treatment, some may be asymptomatic carriers for a long time
Metronidazole or timidazol
This page has had 1 visits today