- The most common areas for infection are in the United States, especially in Ohio and Mississippi River Valleys.
- The infection can cause rheumatic arthritis , but it is rare (reference: Rosenthal J, 1983).
- In case of a weakened immune system such as during immunosuppressive, anti-rheumatic treatment, after organ transplantation or by the wood HIV infection, one is more susceptible to histoplasmosis infection (reference: Olson TC, 2011)
Fever is most common
- CT (or X-ray) examinations of lungs
- Pneumonia (pneumonitis)
- Knot-shaped densities (nodules)
Medications for fungal infection (anti-mycotics)
This page has had 3 visits today