Nokardiose is due Opportunistic infection with nocardia bacteria. There are many related nocardia bacteria. The infection attacks lungs, but also other organs, including the brain. Can look like many other types of infection, including Tuberkulosis (Tbc) og Atypical mycobacteria. The infection can cause tumor-like changes in muscles and skeletons, otherwise no rheumatic symptoms.
- In case of a weakened immune system such as during immunosuppressive, anti-rheumatic treatment, after organ transplantation or by the wood HIV infection, camcorder diodes can become serious.
- Chronic, long-term illness
- Night sweats
- Chest pain
- The brain
- Skin (erysipelas-like rash)
- Heart failure
- Muscle and skeleton (infection with swelling)
- Lung infiltrates in immunocompromised, most often in males. Multiple diffuse infiltrates with signs of necrosis.
- Looks like Tuberkulosis (Tbc)
- CT examination can show Brain abcesses
- Endocarditis with damage to heart valve can be detected
- chronic erysipelassimilar rash
- Muscle and skeleton
- Bacterial detection
Antibiotics: Trimethoprim / sulfa for at least 6 months or alternatives.