Palindrome arthritis is also called palindrome rheumatism. The condition is characterized by arthritis (arthritis) which comes and goes more days-few weeks in duration. Several months may pass between each new inflammation. Palindrome rheumatism also occurs in children (reference: Butbul-Aviel 2018)
- Palindrom indicates that the condition is coming and going
The condition may persist for several years.
- About 50% develops Rheumatoid arthritis with persistent arthritis over time, especially if anti-CCP antibody detected in blood sample.
- Other diagnoses that may eventually be related are Whipples disease, Behcet's disease og SLE (Lupus).
- Manikia K, 2017
- Butbul-Aviel, 2018 (Palindrome rheumatism in children)
- Grans Compendium in Rheumatology